ARM, a processor based company unveils its high performance mobile GPU. It is the most power-efficient 4K capable Mobile display processor. That’s ” ARM Mali DP650 ” display processor. This GPU is made to offer cost-effective, highly efficient and superior viewing experiences. It aims to drive new visual content and gaming experiences on mobile devices.
These can provide visual experience to users as they move from a smaller mobile screen to a larger screen, such as a 4K smart television.
“The Mali-DP650 display processor will enable mobile screens with multiple composition layers, for graphics and video, at Full HD (1920×1080 pixels) resolutions and beyond while maintaining excellent picture quality and extending battery life,” said Mark Dickinson, general manager, media processing group, ARM.
Mali 650DP can supports a wide range of display resolutions. It is optimized for Quad HD formats. These includes WXGA (2560×1600 pixels) for tablets and WQHD (2560×1440 pixels) for a mobile screen. It also has the ability to stream 4K (3840×2160 pixels) content from a mobile device to larger screens.
The mobile format is moving toward the 2K resolution format and beyond. By using split display mode to double the available pixel data rate along with a variable refresh rate. It enables higher resolutions in a highly energy-efficient way.”
Mali DP650 in detail :
- Mali DP650 supports an array of advanced features including up to seven display layer composition, rotation, high-quality scaling.
- Mali-DP650 can support more 4K composition layers and offers higher memory system latency tolerance than the Mali-DP550 display processor
- Mali-DP650 is designed to efficiently achieve to 4K at 60fps display resolutions.
- The split-display mode feature deliver resolutions beyond 1080p to mobile panels and Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) support allows for panel power saving, further extending the battery life.
- Mali-DP650 is delivered with software support for the latest version of Android