On 29th September 2015, AMD introduced its most powerful line of AMD PRO A-Series mobile and desktop processors (formerly codenamed “Carrizo PRO” and “Godavari PRO”) to deliver exceptional value and performance for today’s challenging workloads. The new line of AMD PRO A-Series processors offer enhanced performance, reliability and opportunity to business users and IT decision makers and are designed for the future with Microsoft Windows 10.
For small and medium businesses without implemented management tools, AMD is introducing the AMD PRO Control Center, a one stop shop for intuitive system configuration.
AMD PRO Mobile Processors featuring the New AMD PRO A12 APU
The AMD PRO A-Series mobile processors offer a breakthrough APU architecture with long battery life, power and efficiency optimized to meet the evolving needs of enterprise computing and collaboration. The mobile AMD PRO processors are engineered for today’s on-the-go, unplugged workforce with mobile-ready features, built-in security and manageability that drive nonstop productivity and peace of mind.
AMD is also introducing a new AMD PRO A12 processor with Excavator Architecture which is the last generation of processor, the fastest AMD PRO notebook processor with following Specification:-
- Clock Speed:-3.4 GHz CPU (max frequency)
- Compute Cores:- 12 (4 CPU + 8 GPU)
- Graphics :- Radeon R7 (800MHz)
- Graphics compute cores:- 512 cores
With this level of extreme compute power, AMD is set to deliver enhanced performance with its AMD PRO A12 processor.
Key features of the new AMD PRO mobile processor include:
- First commercial processor in the industry designed to be compliant with the Heterogeneous Systems Architecture (HSA) 1.0 specification to make programming accelerators such as the GPU far simpler, leading to greater application performance at low power consumption.
- First ARM TrustZone capable commercial performance APU with a dedicated AMD Secure Processor. ARM TrustZone runs on top of the hardware enabling sensitive tasks to run on the AMD Secure Processor — in the “secure world” — while other tasks are run in “standard operation.”
- First commercial performance APU with a true System-on-Chip (SoC) design to provide substantial gains in CPU, graphics and multimedia performance.
- First commercial processor with High-Efficiency Video Compression (HEVC) 1 decoder capability for mainstream notebooks to stream HD and Ultra HD content.
The AMD PRO A-Series mobile processors are available from 29th September 2015 through online resellers and are currently offered on HP EliteBook 705 series, including HP EliteBook 725, 745 and 755 series.
AMD PRO Desktop Processors
The AMD PRO A-Series APU desktop processors offer an aggressive price with enhanced performance, socket compatibility for easy upgrades and an opportunity for richer configurations. With support for AMD Quick Stream PRO, the new AMD PRO desktop processors virtually eliminate the lag in latency-sensitive applications like VoIP and streaming video. AMD Quick Stream PRO uses built-in intelligence to identify and allot more bandwidth for businesses highest priority applications.
The AMD PRO A-Series APU desktop processors are available today through online resellers and are currently offered on Lenovo M79 Tower, HP EliteDesk 705 Micro Tower PCs and Small Form Factor PCs from both HP and Lenovo.
These APU will provide the solution to handle the workloads in a more better and efficient way.